Dating in the dark show
- Hubble wrote to de Sitter in 1930, "I consider the velocity-distance relation [i.e., "Hubble's Law"], its formulation, testing and confirmation, as a Mount Wilson [i.e., Hubble] contribution and I am deeply concerned in its recognition as such." Clearly.
- The astronomy establishment, Nasa, et al., psychoanalyzes Lemaître and claims that he was humble and did not desire "establishing priority for his original discovery." So perhaps RSR could be forgiven for trying our own hand at psychoanalysis.
We do not know the radius of space to-day, but I should estimate that it is not less than ten times the original radius.
[square-bracket comments and emphasis added] single atom] had not yet been proposed.
- Yet even secular science authorities have begun objecting to the systematic misattribution, and hence, post-dating, of the the claim of expansion.
- 1918 Carl Wirtz [translation]: "..system of spiral nebulae is drifting apart by a velocity of 656 km with respect to the momentary location of the solar system as the center." - 1922 Alexander Friedmann: On the curvature of space.
[Unlike Einstein's (& Newton's) difficulty in explaining why the universe doesn't gravitationally implode, Friedmann made an interpretation of general relativity that indicated an expanding universe.
- Sidney van den Bergh of Canada's National Research Council writes at Cornell's that it is unclear who was responsible for the omission but he reports of the 1931 Monthly Notices "authorized translation of Lemaître's  discovery" that the "mention of the expansion of the Universe was omitted from the English version of both Eqn.
[equation #] 24, and from the English text [and that this] suggests that this exclusion by the translator was deliberate..." However, that shocking and historic omission primarily benefitted Hubble and it was only one year earlier that Hubble himself was insisting that he be given full credit (regardless of the truth) for this discovery.
Search for dating in the dark show:
And because this is from the guy who brought us , the challenges are going to be off the wall.